Liberty India General Insurance Ltd. started its operations in the year 2013. It is one of the renowned names in comprehensive retail, industrial and commercial insurance industry. The company offers a range of customized insurance products such as- Liberty two wheeler insurance, car insurance, personal accident insurance, marine insurance, health insurance, employee compensation insurance, commercial insurance, and various other general insurance products in India.
Why Liberty Two-wheeler Insurance?
Liberty two wheeler insurance is like a shield against road mishaps. Though bikes/motorcycles are a faster and economical mode of transport, the degree of risk is higher as compared to other vehicles. A stitch in time saves nine and this is why it is imperative that you buy Liberty bike insurance policy to deal with road emergencies in the most effective manner. The policy offers coverage to you, your 2 wheeler and any third party that is involved.
Liberty two-wheeler insurance offers two types of plans-
- Liberty two-wheeler package policy
- Liberty multi-year two-wheeler package policy
Key Benefits and Features of Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Moreover, you can avail the following benefits by purchasing liberty bike insurance policy-
- Round the year support services on their toll-free number, including weekends
- A network of more than 3100 garages for repair services
- Cashless claim settlement at their registered workshops
- Hassle-free assessment of the damaged 2 wheeler
- Claim assistance service is available every day from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sum Assured in Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
Maximum sum insured that you get from your insurer is equal to the Insured Declared Value of your 2 wheeler. Basically, it is the present market value of the two-wheeler on which the premium is calculated.
IDV is based on the selling price of the two-wheeler as fixed by its manufacturer after deducting the depreciation on its parts, as mentioned in the table below. Please note that it is valid only for claims arising out of total loss or constructive total loss of the two-wheeler.
Depreciation applicable while fixing the IDV on the basis of the age of the vehicle –
Age of the two-wheeler
Percentage of Depreciation
|Up to Six months||5|
|Six months to One year||15|
|One year to two years||20|
|Two years to three years||30|
|Three to four years||40|
|Four to five years||50|
IDV of two-wheelers that are more than 5 years old or have been discontinued can be decided mutually between the insured and the insurer. If the vehicle has been stolen or declared a total loss, the sum assured will be calculated after deducting the compulsory deductibles from the IDV.
Inclusions of Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
The policy covers third-party damages as well as the damage that has happened to your two-wheeler after an accident/collision. Here’s what is covered under Liberty motorbike insurance plan –
- Damage to the two-wheeler resulting from a collision or accident
- Third-party liabilities in case of third-party death and bodily injuries. In case of third-party property damage, the compensation limit is Rs. 1 lakh.
- Personal accident protection to the driver/owner. It covers both death and bodily injuries.
- If there is any loss or damage to the insured two-wheeler from man-made disasters or natural calamities such as
- Flood, earthquake, cyclone, hurricane
- Self-ignition, fire, explosion &, lightning
- Strike, riots and theft
Additional Covers in Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
The policy also includes additional benefits on payment of extra premiums –
- Personal accident protection to the co-riders
- Personal accident protection
- Coverage for electrical/non-electrical parts of the two-wheeler
- Compensation of towing charges. The limit is Rs. 300.
Optional Covers in Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
However, there are optional benefits that are available in Liberty bike insurance policy-
- Depreciation Cover- In case of own damage claims if the vehicle is repaired at one of the network garages, then depreciation on the value of parts replaced will not be deducted from the sum assured.
- Consumables Cover- It also covers expenses incurred on the repair/damage of the vehicle parts resulting due to any of the perils that are included in the policy. For example- engine oil, screw, nut and bolt, and the like.
Exclusions of Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
Liberty two wheeler insurance will not accept your claim under the following circumstances –
- Drink and driving
- Consequential damage/loss
- Any claim arising out of contractual liabilities
- Any incident that has taken place outside the geographical area
- Breakdown and failure that are mechanical/electrical in nature
- Wear and tear of the two-wheeler
- If a radioactive material, nuclear reaction, and a war condition is the reason for vehicle damage then the claim request will be rejected.
Liberty Two Wheeler Multi-Year Package Policy
Avoid the hassle of renewing your policy every year and enjoy long-term coverage benefit up to 3 years with Liberty Two Wheeler Multi-Year Package Policy.
Moreover, you can –
- Opt for 2 and 3-year plan
- Only one-time payment of insurance premium is required
- You can avail additional No-claim-bonus benefits
Inclusions of Liberty Two Wheeler Multi-Year Package Policy
- Covers any loss or damage that has occurred to your two-wheeler due to the following reasons – Accident, self-ignition, fire, burglary, housebreaking, riots, floods, cyclone, and an earthquake. Furthermore, damages during transit are also compensated
- Third-party death, bodily injuries and property damage is also recompensed
- Liability towards the driver is also covered (except the paid driver).
- On payment of extra premium personal accident protection cover can also be taken for the driver, passenger and self/insured.
No Claim Discount in Liberty Long-term Two wheeler Insurance policy
No-Claim-Bonus benefits even if a claim is filed. For more details, please refer to the Liberty two wheeler insurance policy wordings.
No-Claim-Bonus Comparison Table
Percentage of NCB at the commencement of the policy
Following 2 claim free yrs.
Following 3 claim free yrs.
|Annual Plan||Long-term Plan||Annual Plan||Long-term Plan|
How to Compare and Buy Liberty Two-wheeler Insurance?
Make sure that you choose a plan, which strikes a perfect balance between your preferences and your budget. It is suggested that you always compare two wheeler insurance online based on the below-mentioned factors and then make a prudent decision. The premium will also vary based on the coverage type and your vehicle specifications.
Let’s delve deeper into the fact-
- Premium – There are a number of factors that affect your two-wheeler insurance premium. For instance, the premium for a bike/motorcycle with 150 cc will be lesser as compared to a 350 cc bike. Moreover, if your vehicle is registered under Zone A cities i.e. Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Mumbai then the premium will be on the higher side. Whereas, Zone B covers the rest of the cities.
- Policy Term – The premium will be more if you buy a long-term policy. But you do not need to worry about renewals for 3 years of you opt for Liberty long-term bike insurance policy. By opting for a long-term Liberty two wheeler insurance policy, you save both your time and money.
- Insured Declared Value – IDV will remain the same throughout the policy year. It is calculated on the basis of the manufacturer’s selling price and from this amount the depreciation on the vehicle parts is deducted.
- No-Claim-Bonus – While comparing bike insurance policy online, make sure that you check the NCB on the insurance premium. You can earn 20 to 50 percent NCB depending upon the number of claim free years.
In case of change of ownership, please report to the insurer within 14 days.
Buy Liberty Two-wheeler Insurance Online
You can click on the link enclosed below to buy the Liberty bike insurance policy online and follow the steps.
- Just enter your bike number and select the bike you own and click proceed
- Enter your personal details
- And know your premium
- Once you are sure, you can make the payment and your policy will be mailed to you
Liberty Two-wheeler Insurance Renewal
- Enter your Liberty Bike insurance policy number
- Registration No./ Engine Number/ Chassis Number
- Enter New if it is a new vehicle
- And click on submit
Claim Procedure for Liberty Two wheeler Insurance
The insurer follows a simple claim process. Here’s a quick rundown of the step-by-step procedure that follows-
- Immediately lodge your claim at their helpline number i.e. 1800 266 5844. You can also file a claim online at their website.
- One of their representatives will contact you to fetch more details and initiate the claim settlement process
- Your vehicle will be surveyed within 24 to 48 hours of filing the claim.
- As the two-wheeler is moved to one of the registered workshops for repair, documents mentioned in the table below will be required as per the claim request. These will be verified by the surveyor and the claim will be settled.
Documents Required for Filing a Claim with Liberty Two wheeler Insurance
|Duly filled claim form||Yes||Yes|
|Dl ( Driving License)||Yes||Yes|
|RC ( Registration Certificate)||Yes||Yes|
|Pic of the damaged two-wheeler||Yes||Yes|
|Repair Bills ( for reimbursement claims only)||Yes||Yes|
|Fire Brigade Report ( if required)||Yes||Yes|
|No Trace Report||Yes||No|
|Power of Attorney & Subrogation (in case of theft and total loss )||Yes||Yes|
|NOC from financer||Yes||No|
Liberty Two wheeler Insurance FAQs
Q1. What type of two wheeler insurance policies provided by Liberty General Insurance?
The two types of policies are as follows –
- Liberty Two Wheeler Package Insurance – It covers accidental damages, bodily injuries as well as third-party damages/death. This is an annual policy.
- Liberty Multi-year Two Wheeler Package Policy – It offers coverage for 2 to 3 years. By paying the premium just once, you are secured for 2 to 3 years. Moreover, you don’t need to renew the policy every year.
Q2. What is covered under Personal Accident Insurance?
It covers disabilities and the unfortunate death of the owner/driver due to a road accident. However, you can also buy this benefit for co-riders, paid driver by paying an extra amount of premium. It basically depends on the type of two-wheeler policy you have purchased.
Q3. What should I opt for consumables cover?
It will compensate the cost of consumables such as – nut and bolt, engine oil, grease, brake oil, lubricants, oil filter, grease, washers etc. that are otherwise not covered in a basic bike insurance policy.
Q4. What are the factors that affect my two-wheeler insurance premium?
The premium payable for your bike/motorcycle/ scooter depends on the following factors-
- Geographical zone
- Cubic capacity of your two-wheeler’s engine
- Age of the two-wheeler
- Insured Declared Value
Q5. Can I purchase and renew Liberty bike insurance online?
Yes, the policy can be renewed and purchased online.