National Insurance is the only Public Sector General Insurance Company with its headquarters in Kolkata. It is one of the oldest and trusted names in the insurance industry. Apart from National Two Wheeler Insurance, the company offers other range of personalized insured products such as Health Insurance, Rural Insurance, Personal Insurance, Industrial risk Insurance, and Commercial Risk Insurance.
Why National Two Wheeler Insurance?
The company offers some of the best bike insurance plans for your two-wheeler. It is quite convenient to buy and renew National Two wheeler insurance online.
NIC is one of the oldest insurance providers in the country and enjoys a huge and dedicated customer base for its seamless motor insurance services. Moreover, National insurance two wheeler policy offers the most affordable quotes to meet most of your requirements in a personalized manner.
National Two-wheeler Insurance – Features
- You can track your National motorcycle insurance claim status online
- Liability cover for a paid driver
- Loss of vehicle accessories cover
- Personal accident liability cover
- Coverage up to INR 7.5 lakhs against third-party property damage.
- No-claim-bonus for all the claim free years. This discount is applicable while renewing the policy.
- Buy National two wheeler insurance online using net banking, debit or credit, card.
National Two Wheeler Insurance Inclusions
As it is mandatory to buy a minimum of third-party liability two wheeler insurance. If you own a motorcycle, scooter or any other vehicle. However, it should not be considered only as a legal compulsion. As two-wheeler insurance offers protection against a number of road incidences, which otherwise can land you in deep trouble.
Third-party insurance is a compulsion to ensure the safety of the other people. However, it is recommended for you to buy a comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy. Here’s a quick rundown of the coverage provided in both types of National two-wheeler insurance policies-
National Insurance Third-party Liability Only
It is essential to buy liability cover according to the Motor Vehicle Act. It indemnifies you in case of any legal liabilities arising out of an accident caused by your motorcycle/scooter.
On the contrary, it will not cover the damages caused to your own bike/scooter.
Broadly, it covers death/ injuries caused to a third-person and damage to a third-party property (compensation up to INR 7.5 lakhs) from your vehicle.
National Insurance Comprehensive Policy
It insures you against any financial and legal liabilities arising out of any third-party damage. Moreover, it covers any damage/loss that is caused to you and your vehicle, including the co-passengers.
This type of policy is designed to ensure that you are fully covered against all the risks such as loss/damage caused by –
- An accident ( External damage only)
- Fire, lightning, explosion, and self-ignition
- Theft, and Housebreaking
- Natural disasters like landslide, earthquake etc.
- Terrorist activities
- Strikes and riots
Furthermore, National motorcycle insurance compensates the damages being sustained while transporting the two-wheeler from one place to another via road, air, lift, rail and inland waterways
National Two Wheeler Insurance Exclusions
Claims that are raised under the following circumstances shall not be accepted by the insurer-
- Any damage/loss that is consequential
- Wear and tear of the two-wheeler
- Breakdown due to mechanical or electrical failure
- Damage to your bike’s tyres unless the body parts of the bike are also damaged. In that case, you might get a compensation of 50 percent of the replacement cost.
- Driving while the driver is intoxicated with drugs or alcohol
- Nuclear radiations or weapons causing a damage to your bike/scooter
Compare and Buy Two-wheeler Insurance Online
It is imperative to compare your two-wheeler insurance. You can start by comparing the coverage provided in a liability only and comprehensive package policy. The former will cover damages caused by your bike/scooter and the latter will cover both own damages and third-party damages. A policy can be compared at the time of purchase of renewal.
You must check all the policy features, coverages, premium cost and then make the decision. The premium will vary based on the make, model, and city of registration, age, coverage, and IDV of your vehicle.
However, the procedure to buy National Two Wheeler Insurance is as described below-
- You can either go to one of their nearest branches or contact them through an insurance aggregator/agent.
- They will give you the claim proposal form and you will have to submit the duly filled form with all the requisite information.
- You can ask your agent to submit the form or you can do that directly. In addition, you can directly avail the agent service by contacting the insurer through email or phone.
- A survey will be conducted to assess the damage.
- You can get the premium estimates from any of their computerized offices.
- Obtain your policy documents directly or through a registered post.
National Insurance Two Wheeler Renewal Online
The online procedure for National Insurance Bike Renewal on their site is elucidated below –
- Now fill your policy number along with the displayed code on their portal
- Click on renew policy
- You will be redirected t to the payment page. Once you have made the decision, you can make the payment online.
- Once the payment is confirmed, you can take a print out of the receipt
Claim Procedure – National Two Wheeler Insurance
The company follows a speedy, transparent and smooth claim process. You can file a claim for National insurance 2 wheeler policy at any time of the day.
For claim assistance, you can call at their toll-free number. The insurer will ask for the following details-
- Your National insurance two wheeler policy number
- Contact details of the policyholder
- Time and date of the incident
- Name of the driver and DL details
- An appropriate location to carry out the survey of your damaged two-wheeler
- Estimation of loss or a brief description of the accident
- Upon filing a claim, a representative will be assigned to process your claim further
- For future reference, a claim reference number will be given to you.
- Claim approval/ confirmation will be messaged on the registered phone number
- After the vehicle is surveyed, and the claim is approved, you will receive the claim status.
Documents Required – National Bike Insurance Claim
Following are the documents that the insured will have to provide when making a claim:
- Duly filled Claim Form
- Motor Insurance Policy with schedule and endorsement/ clause
- Copy of Driving License.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Police FIR
- Copy of the plan and receipt of payment of premium
- Fitness certificate( Commercial Vehicles only)
A two-wheeler insurance policy ensures you an adequate coverage against unforeseen circumstances that may arise while driving your bike or scooter. A third-party policy is mandatory; however, it is suggested that you buy a comprehensive plan to enjoy a peaceful ride.
National Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
Is it essential to buy a motor insurance policy?
Yes, you need to have a minimum of third-party liability insurance as per the Motor Vehicle Act, which makes it mandatory for all the cars and two-wheelers plying on the roads to have motor insurance.
Can I renew National two wheeler insurance online?
Yes, it is a simple process. All you need to do is go to their portal and click on renew button. You will be required to provide your policy number and you will be direct to the payment page. Once the payment is done, you can download the receipt.
What does not cover in National Motorcycle Insurance?
The policy does not cover claims arising out of –
- Reckless driving after consuming alcohol or drugs
- Consequential loss/damage
- Wear & tear of the bike/scooter
- Damage caused by terrorist acts or nuclear radiations
For details, you can refer to the policy wordings