While riding bikes is fun-filled, it is also vulnerable to road accidents. Given that, a two-wheeler insurance is necessary to buy these days. To bet the rising cost of spare parts and repair services, you can rely on two wheeler insurance. Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance, in this regards, comes in handy, which is designed to provide comprehensive protection to your priceless beauty.
Reliance, one of the most trusted brands in the insurance industry that features amongst the leaders in the bike insurance sector. The company offers a range of insurance products that are designed by keeping the needs of the customers in mind. The two-wheeler insurance of Reliance General is an ideal choice when it comes to providing complete protection to your vehicle.
Key Offerings of Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
Like the way your vehicle has been your steady companion through all your journeys, the Reliance two-wheeler insurance is the perfect mate for your bike. The key offerings of this policy include:
- Get instant quote without any paperwork
- Two wheeler insurance at just Rs. 3/per day
- Quick claim settlement
- Avail cashless facility at more than 430 network garages
- Add-on coverage for enhancing your basic cover
- Speedy renewal without any inspection of your vehicle
Types of Cover Under Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
Reliance two-wheeler insurance offers two types of basic covers – Third party and Comprehensive cover:
Third Party Cover
|Covers third-party liabilities||Covers damage or loss of own vehicle and third party liability|
|Compulsory by law||It is an optional cover and not mandatory by the law|
|Low premium||Comparatively higher premium|
|Covers damages arising out of an accident and doesn’t cover the insured vehicle||Apart from accidental damages, it also covers your bike for the loss due to natural and man-made calamities.|
What Does Your Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Cover?
Even if you are a skilled driver, safety is not assured. Hence, the insurer endeavours to provide you with the best possible financial coverage. Reliance bike insurance policy covers own damages, third-party damages, man-made damages, as well as the damages caused by natural calamities including:-
- Riot & Strikes
- and/or Malicious Acts
- Transit by rail, road, air, rail, road & elevator
Add-on Covers Under Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
Zero Depreciation Cover Reliance Bike Insurance
With this add-on cover, you can secure your bike from the reduction in the actual value of the spare parts. With age, the vehicle’s actual value depreciates, due to which you cannot get the full amount of the vehicle reimbursed. The insurer at the time of claim calculates the depreciated amount of the bike and pays only up to the IDV (Insured Declared Value). With a zero depreciation cover, you can get the full amount up to the actual manufacturer value of the price, not the existing market price of the vehicle.
Things to Remember in case of Zero Depreciation Cover – Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
- The policy covers certain parts of your vehicle such as rubber, plastic parts, nylon, and fibre-glass parts
- You can file a maximum of 2 claims per policy period
- You can opt for this add-on cover with your two wheeler insurance policy when you get a brand new vehicle or while the renewal of your existing two-wheeler policy
- Only Two Wheelers are covered under this add-on cover.
Personal Accident Bundle Cover – Reliance Bike Insurance
This is an optional part of the Personal Accident Cover that protects you against the odds owing to an accident anywhere across the world. The coverage is extended to any person driving the insured vehicle. This cover protects you financially against accidental death and accidental permanent total disability. The details of the coverage offered under this plan are given below:
Sum Insured (Rs.)
|Permanent Total Disability & Death||100% of the actual sum insured||5,00,000|
|Loss of one limb and loss of vision of one eye||100% of the actual sum insured||5,00,000|
|Loss of two limbs or loss of vision of both eyes||100% of the actual sum insured||5,00,000|
|Loss of one limb or loss of vision of one eye||50% of the actual sum insured||5,00,000|
Terms & Conditions
- You can avail this cover only once during the policy tenure
- It is not applicable in case of a theft claim
- Also can’t be applied in case of damage caused by normal wear and tear or deterioration
- This cover can opt for the vehicle that is not more than 15-years
Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance: Exclusions
As the insurer tries to cover all probable risks, certain circumstances are just not feasible. By maintaining the transparency, the insurer has listed the below conditions that are excluded from the coverage list:
- Normal wear-and-tear of the bike
- The mechanical and electrical collapse
- A vehicle being used other than in agreement with the limitations of using. For example, if the two-wheeler is used for commercial purposes
- If the driver was driving the vehicle without a valid DL (Driving License)
- If driving under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance and accident happens
- Damage or loss owing to the decreased value of the vehicle with age
- Consequential loss – if the original damage results in subsequent damage or loss, the insurer will cover the original damage costs only
- Compulsory deductibles – a fixed amount voluntarily taken by the insured to pay at the time of claim
- No cover for Tyres & Tubes unless the insured vehicle is damaged at the same time where the insurance company reimburses up to the 50% of the replacement
- No coverage for the loss of accessories by housebreaking, burglary, or theft unless the two-wheeler is stolen at the same time
NCB Discount on Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
If you persist to be a safe and good driver, you will be provided with discounts.
Simple, if you drive safely, there is no need to claim your insurance. This way you can earn No Claim Bonus for not claiming your insurance. This bonus could be in the form of an increment in the sum insured or discount on next year’s premium.
The discount can be accrued on a yearly basis as stated below.
No. of Years
|First claim-free Year||20%|
|Two continuous claim-free years||25%|
|Three continuous claim-free years||35%|
|Four continuous claim-free years||45%|
|Five continuous claim-free years||50%|
It is a minimum amount that you choose to pay when a claim is made, while the insurer pays the rest. If you choose a higher voluntary deductible, the two-wheeler insurance premium will be comparatively low.
The below table shows, how you can accrue discount by opting for the voluntary deductible:
|Rs. 500||5% on the OD premium of the vehicle, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 50/-|
|Rs. 750||10% on the OD premium of the vehicle, up to a maximum limit of Rs.75/-|
|Rs. 1000||15% on the OD premium of the vehicle, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 125/-|
|Rs. 1500||20% on the OD premium of the vehicle, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 200/-|
Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Process
To enjoy the policy benefits continuously, you need to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy on time. Reliance General has introduced an online renewal process to make it more convenient for the users. You just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the insurer
- Click on the renewal tab
- Take a quick look at online quotes and know the premium of your expired insurance policy
- Pay the premium online by using various online payment modes
- If you want to port the plan, you can compare different two wheeler insurance plans over the internet as well
- After paying the premium, don’t forget to take the online premium receipt
How Does Online Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Help You?
- No paperwork or inspection is done
- A large network of garages
- A flawless claim settlement process for bike insurance
- Instant online two wheeler policy issuance
Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
In case of Accident
In case your vehicle meets with an accident, stolen or damaged due to natural calamities, you would prefer to claim your insurance. Reliance General Insurance offers an easy claim process with simple steps:
- Immediately inform the insurer by calling on their toll-free number 1800 3009
- Register a claim with below documents-
- Submit the duly filled the claim form
- Submit the driving license copy, RC book of the vehicle, and a copy of the policy document
- Provide the police FIR in case of an accident. Remember to note the contact details and number of the vehicle involved in the accident.
- Submit the original repair bill from the garage
- Also, submit the invoice receipt, if it is a cashless claim
- If it is a reimbursement claim, provide estimate bill, original invoice, and receipt of payment
In case of Theft
If your bike has stolen, you need to follow the below steps to register a claim:
- Immediately inform Reliance Motor Insurance on their toll-free number 1800 3009
- Register your claim with duly signed two wheeler claim form
- Submit the original keys, a copy of Driving License (DL), RC book, policy document, etc.
- Provide police FIR copy
- Submit the duly signed Form 26, 28, 29, 30 and Form 35
- ‘No Trace Report’ from the police station needs to be submitted in case your vehicle is non-traceable.
In case of Third Party Claim
In case your vehicle collides with another vehicle/property/person and third-party liability arises, you will need to inform the insurer –
- Immediately inform the insurer by writing on the official email id or calling on the toll-free number at 1800 3009
- Register a claim by filling the claim form
- Submit the copy of the Police FIR
- Submit a copy of Driving License, policy number, and RC book of the bike
Step-by-step Guide to Claim
- Once you inform the insurer about the incident, make an appointment with the surveyor for final inspection
- Arrange for the towing of the vehicle to the nearest garage. You can opt for the cashless garage facility, where you do not need to pay for the repair expenses.
- Submit the relevant documents supporting your claim to the surveyor.
- After the surveyor submits his/her report, then only the insurance company confirms the liability.
- If you opt for a non-network garage, you have to pay the expenses on your own and submit the bills with a claim form to reimburse the incurred expenses.
- Once the formalities are done, the vehicle will be delivered.
With Reliance two wheeler insurance, you can keep your prized possession and savings protected!