Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between a South African financial group – Sanlam Limited and Shriram Capital Limited (India). Apart from Shriram two wheeler insurance, the company also offers other insurance solutions for the bike, Commercial Vehicles, Home, and Travel. There are also other insurance services such as Marine Insurance, Burglary Insurance, Fire Insurance, All-risk Insurance to name a few. The Shriram bike insurance provider noted 82% rise in its net profit in the fiscal year 2018.
Why Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance?
Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Features
Instantly register and track your insurance claim and Shriram two wheeler insurance policy status online
Get enhanced protection at the minimum premium cost
If you have bought your two wheeler insurance from another general insurance provider you can avail up to a maximum of 50% No-claim-discount. Also, Enjoy smooth and hassle-free No-Claim-Bonus transfer from another insurer
Get 24X7 assistance regarding your Shriram two wheeler Insurance policy
Avail cashless claim settlement at network garages
Sum Insured Under Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance
Shriram two wheeler insurance prices are fixed on the basis of the IDV or Insured Declared Value. The IDV of a bike or two-wheeler is equal to the manufacturer’s listed selling price, which includes the cost of accessories. The depreciation value of the vehicle parts is deducted from the listed price to get the sum assured or IDV.
Shriram Bike Insurance Premium Calculator
Two wheeler insurance is calculated on the basis of the cubic capacity of your bike’s engine, the age of the bike/ two-wheeler, its gross weight, IDV and the place of registration of the vehicle.
Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Coverage
Third-Party Liability – In the event of accidental injuries or death, an unlimited cover is provided as per the decision that was taken by the court.
Third-Party Property Damage Cover– In the event of third party property damage, the insurer shall compensate up to Rs. 1 lakh.
Loss or damage to the Insured Two Wheeler – It offers protection to you and your two wheeler in case of an accident, collision, theft, man-made calamities and natural disasters-
The insurer will compensate for natural calamities like typhoon, earthquake, fire, flood, storm, cyclone, landslide etc. that may damage your insured bike.
Man-made disasters such as theft, strikes, burglary, riots, terrorist acts, and malicious activities are compensated.
Accidents resulting due to external factors are also covered.
Lastly, Shriram two wheeler insurance will recompense the loss in case your bike is damaged during transit via rail, air, road etc.
Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance – Benefits
You can also enhance the two wheeler insurance coverage by opting for additional at a nominal price-
- Personal accident cover for the owner/driver and unnamed passengers. The benefit ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15 Lakh.
- You can also extend coverage to all the electronic and electrical accessories of your bike such as fog light, etc.
What is Not Covered in Shriram General Two Wheeler Insurance?
- Two-wheeler being driven by a person who is not duly licensed
- Break down due to mechanical and electrical failures
- Using the bike or two-wheeler outside the scope of limitations
- Depreciation value of the parts
- Consequential losses
- Routine wear & tear of the bike
- If the driver is found to be driving under the influence of intoxicating drugs and alcohol
- Willful Negligence on the part of the driver
- Voluntary deductibles that you choose to pay from your own pocket will not be paid by Shriram General two wheeler insurance provider
- Damage resulting due to war conditions, nuclear weapons, or radioactivity
Purchase Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Online
It’s quite easy to purchase your bike insurance online from Shriram general insurance company. For this purpose, all you need to do is provide the below-mentioned set of information and get a bike insurance quote over email-
- City Where the Bike was Registered (RTO)
- Cubic Capacity
- Bike Make
- Fuel Type
- Bike Model
- Year of Manufacture
- Seating Capacity
- Type of Body
- Current Bike Insurance Policy Type
- Policy Term
- Previous Policy Tenure
- Expiry Date of the Previous Policy
- Transfer of Ownership (if any)
- Cover for Accessories Installed In the Bike
- If any Claims were made in the Previous Policy
- Number of Claims in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Year
- NCB Applicable
Your Personal Information:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Full name
- Area of Bike Registration
- Other areas ( if applicable)
- Pin code of that area
Shriram General Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online
It is imperative to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy before the expiry date. Shriram insurance allows you to renew your Shriram two wheeler insurance policy online. Here’s who you can do it-
- Simply provide your mobile number
- Policy number
- Bike Registration Number or Chassis Number or Engine Number
- Click Renew
You can get your bike insurance quote on email and it is also possible to download a copy online.
You can also renew other Insurer’s bike insurance policy online from Shriram General Two-wheeler insurance.
Shriram Bike Insurance Claim Settlement Process
For instant support, you can reach out to them on their toll-free number
- At the time of claim, intimation make sure that you have following Information ready-
- Name and contact details of the driver along with the driving license
- Policy number
- Time and date of the Incident
- Estimation of the loss incurred
- Overview of the damage incurred
- Contact details of the policyholder Call at their helpline number and their representative will get in touch with you to initiate the process.
- You will be provided with a claim reference number.
- Once your claim is registered with Shriram General Two wheeler insurance company, a surveyor will be assigned to assess the damage. The insurer will send a confirmation SMS along with the assessor details.
- The survey will be conducted as per your time and convenience.
- Submit all the documents required as part of claim processing.
- Contact their customer help desk for the re-examination of the two-wheeler (if it was advised by the assessor).
Shriram General Two-Wheeler Insurance FAQ’S
What is a third-party bike insurance policy?
It is mandatory to buy a third-party liability policy for all the vehicle owners in India. It offers coverage to the owner/driver against any third-party death, injuries and property damage.
How long does it take to purchase Shriram General two wheeler insurance online?
It will only take 5 minutes to buy Shriram bike insurance online. Simply, fill in your personal information, vehicle information and select the coverage options. Then, you can make the payment online using your debit/credit card or net banking. You can also pay the premium amount through a cheque.
How can I get in touch with the Shriram insurance Customer Help Desk (CHD)?
You call their customer help desk at their toll-free number-
- Available from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm for 7 days in a week
- Available from 4:00 AM to Midnight 12:00 for 7 days in a week
Will I be eligible for a claim if someone else was driving my bike at the time of the accident?
Even if the vehicle was being driven by someone other than the insured (with a valid DL), you will be eligible for a claim. This is because the liability applies to the insured vehicle.
What information is required at the time of claim intimation?
First of all you need to provide the following information to the insurer-
- Time and date of the Accident
- Insurance Policy Number
- Contact Details
- Estimated Loss