There are many options to choose from when you want to buy two-wheeler insurance in India. It is important to understand the features of each plan so that you can pick the best option that fulfils your insurance expectations. You should select an insurance plan after considering various factors like the age of the vehicle, market value etc.
Basic Insurance Coverage with Third-party Two-wheeler Insurance Plan
- When you want basic coverage to fulfil the mandatory legal liability, and you don’t want to spend a lot of money on the insurance plan, you can go for the third-party two wheeler insurance. It attracts a basic insurance premium as compared to all other plans in the market.
- This plan offers protection against legal liabilities that arise when your vehicle has caused damage to third-party life or property in an accident. In that situation, there is no need to pay compensation to the victims from your pocket.
Optimum Coverage with Comprehensive Insurance Plan
- When compared to the third-party two-wheeler insurance plan, the plan attracts a higher insurance premium. Having said that, it offers better financial protection in times of emergency. Apart from offering third-party coverage, it provides insurance coverage for your own vehicle under various circumstances.
- Note that this plan offers coverage even for non-collision damages. This is a great relief for many two-wheeler owners as the vehicle can get damaged because of other reasons as well. There is no need to worry about damages caused by natural disasters such as floods, heavy rains, earthquake as insurance coverage will be provided for the same.
- In the same manner, you can even claim compensation when your vehicle is stolen. The coverage is also extended for damages caused due to fire, accidents and other mishaps.
Should I choose Add-on covers for my Two-wheeler?
Add-on cover is also known as an additional rider. True to its name, it provides extra insurance coverage at an additional insurance premium. It is not a part of the basic plan and insurance buyers who want to enhance the basic vehicle insurance coverage provided by the two-wheeler insurance plan can avail the additional rider as per their preference. The additional riders are offered to fulfil the individual insurance needs of various insurance buyers.
If you feel that the basic vehicle coverage provided by the insurance plan doesn’t fulfil your insurance expectations, you can opt for the add-on riders of your choice. Here are a few add-on riders that are offered by various insurance providers.
- Theft Cover
The advantage of choosing a theft cover for your two-wheeler is that you can get compensation when your vehicle is stolen and it is not recovered within a pre-decided duration of time.
- Roadside Assistance Cover
In the same manner, when you have roadside assistance cover, you get coverage the expenses incurred due to towing your two-wheeler to the service station in the emergency.
- Passenger Cover
If you happen to meet with an accident, there are chances that you need medical treatment and this can cost lots of money. You cannot avail such insurance coverage when you opt for the basic third-party two-wheeler insurance. In order to avail maximum insurance coverage, you should always give preference to comprehensive plans as it provides the ultimate protection in the future.
- Zero Depreciation Cover
This is yet another excellent option for new two-wheeler owners as they can get added protection for the first two policy years.
- Cover for Accessories
It is possible to avail coverage for the accessories of the vehicle. Availing this cover is very useful when you have spent a lot of money on expensive accessories.
Over to You
As per law, it is mandatory for every vehicle owner to buy vehicle insurance coverage for the vehicles plying on the Indian roads. Keeping that in mind, it becomes a must to choose the best type of insurance suited for your two-wheeler. Note that you should get complete value for the money you spend on the insurance policy. In that way, you will not make any loss when opting for a vehicle insurance plan for your vehicle. The best two wheeler insurance plan is the one that fulfils your insurance expectations by offering maximum insurance coverage at minimum insurance premium.